We travelled to Fellbach later in the day and were welcomed by Anita Lichti, her husband and another member of the Stuttgart Mennonite Church. Anita gave us an interesting history of her church and then asked us if we could sing the Doxology. It was very moving for them. They provided us with a light supper which was enjoyed by all. We ended the meal by singing Great is Thy Faithfulness.
Some personal highlights:
"Singing Great is Thy Faithfulness" and "Gott ist die Liebe" in the Franciscan Cathedral Rothenburg o.d.T. was an emotional experience. I saw an audience member holding her heart as we sang." Barb & Jake Peters
"I was incredibly moved singing 'Great is the Faithfulness' with the whole group at the Franciscan Cathedral in the old medieval city of Rothenburg. The resonance and over-tones brought on by the fantastic acoustical quality of the architecture brought tears to my eyes." Karen Kuhl
"A special treat for us, in the midst of the amazing medieval tour of Rothenburg, was an impromptu hymn sing in the Franciscan Cathedral. Our songs of praise echoed and re-echoed while tourists drifted in to enjoy a worshipful moment in a cool cathedral. The 'hubbies' joined us for the final number - a super rendition of #606. What joy! What fun!"
Marj S. & Esther W.
"I am enjoying so much the camaraderie with fellow singers and spouses! Whether laughing out loud or feeling "verklempt" (overcome with emotion), we are rarely doing it
alone." Ruth Derksen
" 'Shop till you drop' took on a whole new meaning today as we spent a good part of the day in Rothenburg. Not only shopping make me tired, but also going uphill and downhill made my legs burn! :-) I definitely did drop into my seat on the bus when our shopping experience was done!"
Sharlyne Neufeld
"I thank God for giving me this opportunity to come to Europe and sing in a choir. Thanks also to my friends and family who encouraged me. I will always remember the special people who so graciously hosted us, the blessed moments when I felt the touch of God when singing, and the camaraderie of the group." Betty-Anne Hildebrand
No comments:
Post a Comment